Greek Islands - Dodecanese - Kos: The Rest Of Greece
About this property
MASSIVE PRICE REDUCTION FROM 1,400,000 EUROS! Kos property for sale. A unique and large 10+ bedroom spectacular villa estate on the island of Kos with panoramic views of Kefalos and Kamari Bay towards Nissyros. The property stands on a hillside in 12,300sq.m of land, 2.5Km from Kefalos and is about a 15 minute walk to the beach. Property has EOT (Greek Tourist License) for rental or B+B (small hotel) use.
The property was built to represent a cluster of Greek buildings, including a Mill Tower, two churches, a Bell Tower and some traditional Greek houses, making it a truly unique building.
Although the property can be used as a private villa, the current owners have obtained an EOT tourist license for self catering 8 x twin bedrooms and the property has been let on this basis this year.
Location, location, location! - this is considered to be the best house in the area and dominates the hill outside Kefalos with fantastic views. Below the property is Kamari Bay, one of the best wind surfing bays in the world with all the facilities for water sports.
The owner of this property also has a Motorcat 30 4 berth motor cruiser which could be added to the sale of this property at a very competitive price subject to terms.
The main accommodation comprises the following:
* 7 large bedrooms (19sq.m). Each bedroom is carpeted and has an en-suite shower room and balcony or patio all with uninterrupted sea views.
* Lounge (60sq.m) with barrel church roof at one end and circular area at the other end in the Mill Tower.
* Dining room (50sq.m) with waterproof pergola roof and removable glass wall for summer and winter use leading to large patio area (45sqm) with panoramic views of Kefalos and Nissyros.
* Fully fitted kitchen (25sq.m) with dishwasher, gas oven, microwave and fridge/freezer.
* Library area (18sq.m) with removable glass wall.
* Flat tiled roof area of 95sqm and an upper room of 28sqm in the Mill Tower with a Camera Obscura (Latin for Dark Room). This is possibly the only Camera Obscura in Greece. Camera Obscuras, fixed and portable, were used to record scenes for artists. When photography came along the camera obscura on its tripod become the first photographic machine. The fixed Camera Obscura in the tower consists of a lens in a slightly pointing down horizontal tube, with a mirror behind it at 45 degrees. When the tower room is darkened with blinds and shutters, a view of the outside is projected onto a white table in the centre of the room.
On the lower level there are staff quarters consisting:
* 3 Bedrooms (19sqm) all with en suites.
* Lounge/diner and kitchen area (30sqm).
* Staff cloakroom (7sqm).
* Utility room (12sqm).
* Storage cupboards (7sqm)
* Two patios.
* There is an additional large storage area of 98sqm which could possibly be developed into further accommodation, but would need planning permission.
* Garage and garden store.
* Most of the grounds are natural vegetation but there are gardens and fields adjacent to the house and drive.
* A footpath leads to the lower boundary to walk to the beach which takes about 15 minutes.
* There is an area ideal for a swimming pool to be constructed and another area which could be used as a tennis court.
* Oil fired central heating.
* Electric and solar water heating.
* Wood burners in the main lounge and lower living area.
* Walls and roof are insulated.
* Windows and external doors are double glazed.
* Fly screens on doors and windows, where appropriate.
* Existing furniture may be purchased separately.
* Property has EOT (Greek Tourist License) for rental or B+B (small hotel) use.
A unique Kos property.